Terrell County Public
Computer Policies and Procedures
- A patron must be six (6) years old to use the Internet.
- A patron under eighteen (18) years of age MUST have the signature of a
parent or guardian giving them permission to access the PeachNet and
- TIME LIMIT: There is not per day time limit for Internet use.
- Patron MAY NOT DOWNLOAD nor use their OWN DISKETTES OR SOFWARE
PROGRAMS. May be waived for online courses.
- The library does not monitor and has no control over the
information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible
for its content. The internet is a global entity with a highly
diverse user population and patrons use it at their own risk. No
filtering or blocking software serves are employed.
- All Internet resources accessible through he library are provided equally
to all patrons. The library affirms the right and responsibility of
parents to determine and monitor their children's use of library materials
and resources. PARENTS OR GUARDIANS NOT THE LIBRARY STAFF are
responsible for Internet information accessed by their children.
- A patron may not send, receive, or display text, graphics, or sounds,
which may be reasonably offensive to others.
- A patron may not engage in chat activities, which could harass, libel,
or slander another user.
- MISUSE of Internet access will result in the loss of a patron's
computer privileges. He/she will be given two verbal warnings, and so
on the third offense, will be issued a written notification that privileges
have been suspended for three months. If patron is under 18,
notification will be mailed to the parent or guardian. A patron may
apply for reinstatement of computer privileges.